Key West Travel Guide
Key West, Florida
Laid back, free-spirited, artistic, quirky, and scenic, Key West is one of the most unique places in the United States. Known for its live-and-let-live attitude, tropical climate, and seemingly continuous happy hour, this tiny Florida Keys island has been welcoming visitors seeking a vacation from the normal for two centuries.
Since its earliest days, people have come to the end of the Florida Keys island chain to fish, write, carouse, and rejuvenate. From the famous, including Ernest Hemingway, John J Audubon, and Tennessee Williams – to infamous, Key West has always been a place where you can be yourself, find yourself, or re-invent yourself.
Key West Travel Guide is an extensive, up-to-date guide packed with local information and concierge advice.
Learn from the local experts about restaurants, hotels, nightlife, boat cruises, attractions, and other fun things to do in Key West.
Best Wishes from Key West,
-Gordon & Dave
This Week’s Weather
- Friday November 26, 2021 – Sunny; 5% chance of precipitation; 76° high/67° low; wind North 10mph; 75% humidity
- Saturday November 27, 2021 – Sunny; 5% chance of precipitation; 74° high/65° low; wind North-northeast 9mph; 80% humidity
- Sunday November 28, 2021 – Mostly Sunny; 5% chance of precipitation; 74° high/67° low; wind North-northwest 6mph; 72% humidity
- Monday November 29, 2021 – Partly Cloudy; 25% chance of precipitation; 71° high/66° low; wind North 12mph; 72% humidity
- Tuesday November 30, 2021 – Sunny; 5% chance of precipitation; 72° high/70° low; wind North-northeast 11mph; 75% humidity
- Wednesday December 1, 2021 – Mostly Sunny; 10% chance of precipitation; 76° high/70° low; wind Northeast 11mph; 77% humidity
- Thursday December 2, 2021 – Mostly Sunny; 10% chance of precipitation; 76° high/71° low; wind Northeast 12mph; 79% humidity
Quick facts about Key West
- Date first explored: 1521,
Ponce de Leon visits Dry Tortugas
- Date as a U.S. territory: 1822
- Size: 2 x 4 miles
- Population: 24,909
- Average hi/lo temperature, winter (F): 76°/66°
- Average hi/lo temperature, summer (F): 89°/80°
- Sunny or partly-sunny days per year: 259
- Area code: 305
- Zip code: 33040
- Distance from Miami: 160 miles
- Distance from Cuba: 90 miles
- Geographic fact: Southernmost point in the U.S.
- Official motto: “All people are equal members of One Human Family”