Key West Travel Guide
Key West, Florida
Laid back, free-spirited, artistic, quirky, and scenic, Key West is one of the most unique places in the United States. Known for its live-and-let-live attitude, tropical climate, and seemingly continuous happy hour, this tiny Florida Keys island has been welcoming visitors seeking a vacation from the normal for two centuries.
Since its earliest days, people have come to the end of the Florida Keys island chain to fish, write, carouse, and rejuvenate. From the famous, including Ernest Hemingway, John J Audubon, and Tennessee Williams – to infamous, Key West has always been a place where you can be yourself, find yourself, or re-invent yourself.
Key West Travel Guide is an extensive, up-to-date guide packed with local information and concierge advice.
Learn from the local experts about restaurants, hotels, nightlife, boat cruises, attractions, and other fun things to do in Key West.
Best Wishes from Key West,
-Gordon & Dave
This Week’s Weather
- Sunday January 2, 2022 – Sunny; 9% chance of precipitation; 80° high/69° low; wind South-southwest mph; 84% humidity
- Monday January 3, 2022 – Morning Showers; 50% chance of precipitation; 77° high/65° low; wind Northwest 18mph; 77% humidity
- Tuesday January 4, 2022 – Partly Cloudy; 10% chance of precipitation; 74° high/70° low; wind Northeast 11mph; 79% humidity
- Wednesday January 5, 2021 – Partly Cloudy; 25% chance of precipitation; 76° high/70° low; wind South 6mph; 83% humidity
- Thursday January 6, 2021 – Partly Cloudy; 13% chance of precipitation; 77° high/72° low; wind South-southeast 5mph; 89% humidity
- Friday January 7, 2021 – Partly Cloudy; 5% chance of precipitation; 78° high/72° low; wind North-northeast 7mph; 85% humidity
- Saturday January 8, 2022 – Mostly Sunny; 8% chance of precipitation; 79° high/73° low; wind East 14mph; 86% humidity
- Sunday January 9, 2022 – Mostly Sunny; 10% chance of precipitation; 80° high/74° low; wind East 13mph; 86% humidity
Quick facts about Key West
- Date first explored: 1521,
Ponce de Leon visits Dry Tortugas
- Date as a U.S. territory: 1822
- Size: 2 x 4 miles
- Population: 24,909
- Average hi/lo temperature, winter (F): 76°/66°
- Average hi/lo temperature, summer (F): 89°/80°
- Sunny or partly-sunny days per year: 259
- Area code: 305
- Zip code: 33040
- Distance from Miami: 160 miles
- Distance from Cuba: 90 miles
- Geographic fact: Southernmost point in the U.S.
- Official motto: “All people are equal members of One Human Family”