Key West Travel Guide
CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION FOR KEY WEST
Key West & the Florida Keys have been trying to keep the COVID-19 pandemic from getting out of control on
the island by working together as a community and social distancing, wearing masks, cleaning high-touch surfaces, and limiting capacity. In an effort to keep you safe, and with the fact that Key West has very limited hospital resources, there are important new rules that must be followed:
- Masks that cover the mouth and nose MUST be worn AT ALL TIMES WHILE AWAY FROM
YOUR RESIDENCE/LODGING, while inside any business, while outside regardless of your ability to maintain social distancing, while on public transportation, and while on-the-job. Anyone who does not wear a mask will not be permitted to enter a business and are subject to fines and penalties. If you cannot abide by this simple precaution, then do NOT visit the Florida Keys and Key West.
- International guests are not permitted to make reservations at this time.
- Restaurants & bars are able open, but patrons must be seated. Masks are required while standing and moving about the restaurant or bar.
- The Dry Tortugas seaplane has resumed operations and flights are now available to reserve
- All major events are cancelled.
Thank you for your understanding co-operation, and support. Let’s all work together. Stay well, safe, and sane.We wish you a Happy & Healthy New Year
Key West, Florida
Laid back, free-spirited, artistic, quirky, and scenic, Key West is one of the most unique places in the United States. Known for its live-and-let-live attitude, tropical climate, and seemingly continuous happy hour, this tiny Florida Keys island has been welcoming visitors seeking a vacation from the normal for two centuries.
Since its earliest days, people have come to the end of the Florida Keys island chain to fish, write, carouse, and rejuvenate. From the famous, including Ernest Hemingway, John J Audubon, and Tennessee Williams – to infamous, Key West has always been a place where you can be yourself, find yourself, or re-invent yourself.
Key West Travel Guide is an extensive, up-to-date guide packed with local information and concierge advice.
Learn from the local experts about restaurants, hotels, nightlife, boat cruises, attractions, and other fun things to do in Key West.
Best Wishes from Key West,
-Gordon & Dave
This Week’s Weather
- Thursday February 25, 2021 – Sunny; 5% chance of precipitation; 77° high/72° low; wind North-northeast 10mph; 78% humidity
- Friday February 26, 2021 – Mostly Sunny; 20% chance of precipitation; 80° high/74° low; wind East-southeast 13mph; 80% humidity
- Saturday February 27, 2021 – Mostly Sunny; 15% chance of precipitation; 81° high/75° low; wind East-southeast 16mph; 80% humidity
- Sunday February 28, 2021 – Partly Cloudy; 15% chance of precipitation; 81° high/75° low; wind East-southeast 17mph; 82% humidity
- Monday March 1, 2021 – Sunny; 5% chance of precipitation; 81° high/74° low; wind Southeast 11mph; 82% humidity
- Tuesday March 2, 2021 – Mostly Sunny; 10% chance of precipitation; 80° high/74° low; wind East-southeast 10mph; 79% humidity
- Wednesday March 3, 2021 – Sunny; 5% chance of precipitation; 80° high/74° low; wind South-southeast 9mph; 80% humidity
- Thursday March 4, 2021 – Partly Cloudy; 10% chance of precipitation; 80° high/73° low; wind Southeast 10mph; 79% humidity
Quick facts about Key West
- Date first explored: 1521,
Ponce de Leon visits Dry Tortugas
- Date as a U.S. territory: 1822
- Size: 2 x 4 miles
- Population: 24,909
- Average hi/lo temperature, winter (F): 76°/66°
- Average hi/lo temperature, summer (F): 89°/80°
- Sunny or partly-sunny days per year: 259
- Area code: 305
- Zip code: 33040
- Distance from Miami: 160 miles
- Distance from Cuba: 90 miles
- Geographic fact: Southernmost point in the U.S.
- Official motto: “All people are equal members of One Human Family”