For a limited time, Google Maps lets you play the retro game in Key West
For a limited time (and only for non-mobile users), Google Maps is letting you play Pac-Man on the streets of Key West.
Mobile users can’t play the Key West game, but can play a select number of places, each hidden behind a riddle.
Here are the rules, according to Google:
Get a clue
You can only play PAC-MAN in a few places on your mobile device. Use these hints to figure out where!
Figure out the best places to play
- Don’t drop the ball on the eve of your victory!
- Triumph is délicieux.
- Does a Galaxian bonus await at the top of those 272 steps?
- Chomp your way to independence down seven lanes of July.
- PAC-MAN and Ms. PAC-MAN can’t agree on which side is prettier: the American or the Canadian. Which side do you fall on,eh?
- After a chat with the Sphinx, PAC-MAN sounds more like “Dokki Dokki”.
- Pause game play to admire Chagall’s stained glass windows and have a bit of chocolate.
- Can you score 10^(10^100) points?
- Whether they’re flashing blue or sporting their natural colors, Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde are always kakkoii. Even Vogue agrees they’re living in the trendiest of neighborhoods.
- Previous PAC-MAN lives don’t get to rest in a white marble mausoleum.
- Head to the valley of the sun and earn your grade in the art of the game.
- How well can you navigate the radiating streets of the distrito federal?
- Victory is like gothic glockenspiel musik to our ears.
- Pay special attention to Blinky – he might blend in with the dreaming red kangaroos!
- You’ll find the Beach PAC-MAN World Cup here before long.
Come back soon for more clues!
To get started, visit Google’s map of Key West (here is a link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Key+West,+FL+33040) and click on the Pac-Man icon at the bottom of the page. Below is a screenshot of what to look for: