Traveling to Ft. Jefferson by water is a full-day happening that begins with a 7:15 a.m. check-in at a conveniently located Old Town marina. Reservations are required and should be made well in advance.
You will need to bring towels & sun protection and your sense of adventure. Otherwise, this large ocean-going vessel will supply all the amenities imaginable.
Included with Dry Tortugas ferry trip:
A simple continental breakfast is available at boarding and a bountiful picnic lunch is served at the fort. All snorkel gear is provided and you’ll also enjoy a fascinating guided tour led by a historian/naturalist. The boat has spacious observation/sundecks and comfortable restrooms that are easily accessed.
The trip over and back is a bit over two hours each way, giving you a leisurely 4 to 5 hours to explore the fort, relax on the sandy white beach, and snorkel the area.
These are extremely popular trips that often sell out well in advance.
Dry Tortugas Ferry Prices, roundtrip:
- Ferry, day trip- Yankee Freedom – $165 adults; $125 kids 16 & under; $155 seniors (62 & over), students, and military; FREE for children 3 & under. $15 fort admission fee for adults (17 and over) is additional. Prices shown are roundtrip.
- Ferry, overnight/camping trip – If you are camping in the Dry Tortugas, the Yankee Freedom ferry costs $185 for adults/$145 for children. $15 park fee and $15 per campsite/per night camping fee is additional. Prices shown are roundtrip.
Dry Tortugas camping is very limited availability and you must book early
- UPDATE: As per the National Park Service, on June 1, 2018 entrance fees increased from $10 per adult to $15 per adult
AVAILABILITY NOTE, updated daily:
February 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 2019 – NOW SOLD OUT
March 6, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 2019 – NOW SOLD OUT
April 29, 2019 – NOW SOLD OUT
October 24 – November 7, 2019 – ANNUAL MAINTENANCE, UNAVAILABLE
November 22, 2019 – NOW SOLD OUT
For reservations and information:
- or call us toll-free at 877-INFO KEY (877-463-6539)
- or click here to ask a question
(also available: Dry Tortugas seaplane)