What will $799,000 get you in today’s Key West real estate market?
Below are three houses currently for sale, each in a different neighborhood.
- What – Wood-framed Key West “cigar” cottage, built in 1919, with three bedrooms and two bathrooms
- How Much – $795,000
- Size – 1,007 square feet
- Price Per Square Foot – $789
- Setting – Located in Key West’s famous historic district, known as Old Town. Neighborhood is within walking and biking distance to restaurants, bars, and entertainment. Duval Street is four blocks away. The compact cottage’s neighborhood is among the largest collection of vernacular wood-framed houses in the United States.
- Indoors – Built almost a century ago and modestly updated throughout the years, this house features board-and-batten siding, gingerbread trim, metal roof, and rear patio. Dade-county pine, a resinous timber that withstands the elements, was used in its construction, .
- Outdoor Space – This lot is 1,742 square foot, equal to .04 acres. There is a covered front porch and a small deck off the rear of the house. This house does not have its own off-street parking.
- Taxes (millage rate x offer price) – $7928 a year
- Contact – Walt Lee, Berkshire Hathaway Knight & Gardner Realty, (855) 724-2368
- What – Wood-framed mid-century house, built in 1947, with three bedrooms and two bathrooms
- How Much – $790,000
- Size – 1,276 square foot
- Price Per Square Foot – $619
- Setting – Located in the center of the island of Key West, in New Town – a more family-oriented neighborhood. Workers, Conchs (locally born island residents) inhabit much of the area, along with a growing share of second-home owners. Tree-lined streets are generally quiet and within biking distance to Old Town.
- Indoors – Clapboard-sided, mid-century architecture with french doors that lead to private pool.
- Outdoor Space – This lot is 4,792 square foot, equal to .11 acres. Outdoor dining room, in-ground pool with terra-cotta tile patio, and off-street parking are features of this home.
- Taxes (millage rate x offer price) – $7879 a year
- Contact – Roberta Mira, Florida Keys Real Estate Co., 305-797-5263.
Nearby Keys Florida Keys
- What – Two-story condominium on Stock Island, the island adjacent to Key West, and built in 2001
- How Much – $799,000
- Size – 1,000 square feet
- Price Per Square Foot – $444
- Setting – Located at the Key West Golf Club on Stock Island – a public 18-hole golf course. Neighborhood is almost rural, with lushly landscaped setting. It is a short, 1 mile drive to Key West, and three-miledrive to the historic quarter of Old Town.
- Indoors – Newer construction that has recently been renovated and updated with new hardwood floors, hurricane-rated windows and shutters, new bathrooms, heated pool, and misting system. This house has its own carport and storage shed.
- Outdoor Space – This lot is 3,049 square foot, equal to .07 acres
- Taxes – $7,968
- Contact – Michael & Megan Behmke, Compass Realty, 305-296-7175