It shouldn’t be a surprise that good seafood is abundant in the Florida Keys.
Some of the best local fish for the table are the Hogfish, Yellowtail Snapper, Grouper, Dolphin (mahi mahi), Wahoo, Cobia, and of course, Key West Shrimp. Also, Stone Crab and Lobster, when in season, are not to be missed.
Good seafood is served at a wide choice of restaurants. From casual waterfront raw bars to fine dining restaurants, visitors will find delicious Key West seafood prepared.
Here are a few places that we recommend for good seafood in Key West:
- Square One – on upper Duval and not overrun by people, this outstanding restaurant has never let us down $$$
- Blue Heaven – the yellowtail snapper is one of the island’s best entrees $$
- Seven Fish – so good, new-american-gourmet, informal and quaint.$$
- Martin’s Cafe – delicious German/American cuisine served in a romantic garden patio. Yellowtail snapper and other seafood are perfect $$$
- Pisces/Cafe des Artiste – classic french fine dining, the lobster Tango-Mango (their signature dish) is luxury for your palette $$$$
- Camille’s – great seafood offerings from a diverse menu, a local and visitor favorite $$
- Antonia’s – though known for their Italian cuisine, they serve a beautiful yellowtail snapper in a choice of preparations.$$$
- Alonzo’s Oyster Bar – consistently good, on the Historic Harborwalk $$
- B.O. Fish Wagon – an awesome Key West fish sandwich, walk-up window $
- Half Shell Raw Bar – like an old crab shack, picnic tables and fresh fish at this island institution, fare prices and fun atmosphere $
- Turtle Kraals – cousin of the Half Shell, with a Tex-Mex flavor $
- Pepe’s Cafe – Key West’s oldest restaurant serves fresh fish in a classic island environment. Excellent baked oysters. $$
- Mangoes Cafe – on Duval, a creative menu and use of island delicacies.
- Louie’s Backyard – serving some of the best high-end cuisine with a beautiful view. $$$$
- La-Te-Da – On upper Duval St, terrific seafood entrees $$$