While many people heading down Petronia Street in Bahama Village are going to Blue Heaven, there are also couple of excellent restaurants a bit further down the street that are well worth checking out.
One of those hidden gems is Colombian Grace, which serves authentic Colombian cuisine in a charming, laid back atmosphere.
Here, you will find a comfortable dining room decorated with hand-made crafts from various Central and South American native peoples. Woven basketry, hats, and intricate fabric art adorns the walls. Friendly and attentive staff serves up the delicious food.
Colombian cuisine focuses on fresh traditional ingredients, including corn cakes, chorizo, seafood, plantains, and steak. Everyone will likely find something new to savor from this restaurant.
Indoor and outdoor seating available.
Hours: Breakfast is served Friday, Saturday, and Sunday – 9am to noon. Dinner is served Tuesday thru Sunday, 6pm to 9pm.
Address: 223 Petronia Street
Columbian Grace Restaurant Menu
Favorite Omelets – Shrimp or chorizo with avocado, tomato, spinach, and goat cheese – $14.95
- Omelets – Cheese $6.95, Bacon & Cheese $8.95, Ham & Cheese $8.95, Veggies & Cheese $9.95. Served with yellow potatoes or two small white corn cakes with melted cheese on top.
- Seafood Eggs Benedict – Homemade lime hollandaise sauce. Shrimp $14.95, Lobster & Shrimp $17.95, Lobster only $20.95
- Pancakes – Plain $5.95, Berries & banana or banana pecan $8.95 with homemade sugarcane syrup.
- Delicious – Scrambled eggs with fresh roasted corn, white corn cake with melted cheese, yellow potatoes and bacon $12.95. Add Chorizo $5, Add sauteed shrimp $7.
- Colombian – Omelet style eggs with red beans on top of a white corn cake with melted cheese $10.95. Add fresh spinach, tomato, goat cheese & avocado $5, chorizo $5.
- Grace – Scrambled eggs with sauteed tomatoes and scallions and white cheese atop fried flat green plantains $10.95. Add bacon $2.50, chorizo $4, sauteed shrimp $7.
- Calentado – Colombian red beans mixed with white rice, two over-medium eggs, one green plantain and sauteed scallions and tomatoes on top $9.95
- Happiness – Colombian hot chocolate with white corn cake with melted cheese $9.95.
- Artisan Tamales – Wrapped up in banana leaves. Made with yellow cornmeal, vegetables, natural seasonings, pork ribs and chicken – $17. (Boiled to order. Worth the 30 minute wait!)
- Colombian Chorizo – $8.
- Colombian Empanadas – Beef or cheese – $8
- Bandeja Paisa – Red beans, white rice, chorizo, bacon, skirt steak, sweet plantain, green plantain, two fried eggs, one little white corn cake with cheese and avocado – $17.
- Great – White rice mixed with scrambled eggs and sauteed tomatoes. Accompanied with a white corn cake with melted cheese on top – $12.95
Appetizers & Salads
- Arepa paisa con queso – Grilled white corn cake with melted cheese on top – $6. With chorizo add $6. With skirt steak add $8.
- Patacones con chorizo – Fried flat green plantains with chorizo on top – $10
- Palmitos gratinados – Hearts of palm baked in a delicate white whine, fresh herbs, and parmesan cheese sauce – $12.
- Cartagena – Shrimp and calamari sauteed in garlic, basil, and fresh tomato broth – $14
- Colombian Chorizo – $8
- Colombian Empanadas – Beef or cheese – $8
- Papitas Criollas – Deep-fried Colombian yellow potatoes served with a spicy cilantro sauce on the side – 6
- Colombian Grace Salad – Baby spinach and arugula, fresh roasted corn, pecans, grape tomatoes and avocado. Tossed with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette – $8
- Aguacate Primavera – Fresh avocado salad with sauteed fresh corn, chopped red peppers, red onions, bacon and spicy sauteed scallions and tomatoes on top – $12. Add shrimp $8.
- Mom’s Salad – Fresh baby spinach, arugula, goat cheese, diced mango, diced strawberries and dry cranberries tossed with a homemade little spicy mango honey dressing – $12
Mom’s Casserole – Fresh local grouper casserole baked in a white wine, fresh herbs and parmesan cheese sauce – $22
- Coconut Encrusted Yellowtail Snapper Filet – With lemon-butter sauce on the side. Served with sweet plantains and white rice – $24
- Colombian Tamales – Wrapped up in banana leaves. Made with yellow cornmeal, vegetables, natural seasonings, pork ribs and chicken – $20. (Boiled to order. Worth the 30 minute wait!)
- Bandeja Paisa – Red beans, white rice, chorizo, bacon, skirt steak, sweet plantain, green plantain, two fried eggs, one little white corn cake with cheese and avocado – $22.
- Petronia Chicken – Tender seared boneless chicken breast glazed in orange juice, rosemary, brandy and a little spicy sugar cane syrup sauce. Served over white rice and sweet plantains – $20
- Fresh Yellowtail Snapper Filet – Parmesan cheese and herbs encrusted yellowtail snapper filet, served over white rice with lemon-butter-caper sauce and sweet plantains – $24
- Delicious – Broiled local lobster and shrimp with fresh mushrooms-tomatoes-white wine sauce – $38. Add yellowtail snapper filet – $12. Served with white rice.
- New York Strip & Broiled Local Lobster – with fresh mushrooms, tomato and white wine sauce. Served with white rice – $38. Add sauteed shrimp – $8.
- Monserrate Steak – 12 oz. butterfly New York strip steak with chimichurri sauce on the side. Served with Colombian yellow potatoes and fresh green beans – $34. Add sauteed shrimp – $8.
- La Calera Chicken – Tender, slightly breaded chicken breast served over homemade mashed potatoes with fresh mushrooms and white wine sauce – $20.
- Shrimp Dinner – Sauteed in white wine, butter, lime juice, garlic, fresh mushrooms and fresh tomato. Served with white rice and sweet plantains – $22
- Fresh Homemade Juices – Pineapple, lulo, passion fruit, orange or mango – $4
- Fresh Squeezed lemonade – $4
- Best Sangria Ever – Glass $6, Pitcher (5 glasses) $25
- Mimosas – Passion fruit, mango or orange – $6
- Colombian Coffee – $2.75
- French Press Coffee – (for 2) $6
- Colombian Hot Chocolate – $4.50
- South American and Spanish Wine and Beer – prices vary
Coffee Caramel Cheesecake – $9.50
Tres Leches Key Lime Tart – $9.50
Chocolate Caramel Brownie – with roasted coconut ice cream – $9.50
Happy Hour: 6-7pm Tuesday thru Sunday, 2 for 1 Sangria and Empanadas, buy 3 entrees and get 4th free.